The human desire to transcend to borders will motivate people to manage social, economic, and other problems emerging with AI development. Some experts believe that once this threshold is reached, AI will rapidly outpace human intelligence and may even become autonomous, leading to a potentially dystopian future in which machines dominate humans.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the Singularity as “A hypothetical moment in time when artificial intelligence and other technologies have become so advanced that humanity undergoes a dramatic and irreversible change.” But if you remove artificial intelligence from the definition and focus on “dramatic and irreversible change,” the singularity is already here. For example, Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence that involves training algorithms to recognize patterns in data and make predictions based on that data. With the help of big data and advanced computing power, machine learning has achieved remarkable success in fields such as image recognition, natural language processing, and even game-playing.
Regardless if Technological Singularity is a possibility or a current trajectory, the future of AI is undoubtedly one of continued growth and innovation. As AI becomes more advanced and integrated into our daily lives, it has the potential to revolutionize many industries and solve some of the world's most pressing problems.
Very timely topic from 2.7.11 Artificial Intelligence ^_^
ReplyDeleteChatGPT definitely accentuates the singularity!
ChatGPT did not write this comment, I did :-)
I just read about 'training algorithms' in fraud detection.
ReplyDeleteThough I like the benefits of AI, I'm concerned of the downsides of it. However, I hope we will mitigate the negatives as time goes on.
ReplyDeleteI believe we as a society love the convenience of artificial technology (I'm sure there are exceptions). I think the idea is that then we can do and focus on other things. However AI is starting to do the other things. I am not entirely sure about machines dominating humans, but I am sure machines will squeeze out a population of people who do the "blue collar" work if we are not careful.
ReplyDeleteAI is great for the most part, its taking over but we can adapt easily to keep up with the everlasting changes.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to get married with AI in the future. haha
ReplyDeleteI think humans have be increase their skills and problem solving capability to stay employed or be a working part of the new world.
ReplyDeleteI think AI is very interesting and I do my best to learn how to train my own ML and DL models. But I think the AI singularity is eons away. Computing at such a level requires lots and lots of energy!
ReplyDeleteEventually, the way we live will begin to change and look more like Ghost In The Shell. Scary, but also exciting to think about.
ReplyDeleteThe way those programs can process information is quickly approaching Artificial General Intelligence. The last hurdle is self-modification, as in those programs still need humans to feed them information, to tell them what information to use, where to get it. They're not able to "grow" like humans do. They don't have subjective experience. But it's coming.
ReplyDelete